Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spending time on Dmitry's homework and a little work from the book.

About six of the extra large class we had yesterday returned with completed homework from yesterday.  

One of them- our favourite Russian- had written his homework into his notebook.  So I had to check his work in class and we found an interesting sentence with three little issues.  His actual sentence had just one problem, but all of the learners worked together in little groups on a sentence I can't quite recall now.  It was something like this:

My mother [ need not worry ] about [ time ] I [ spend play ] computer games

If you can remember the sentence as it should have been please put it in the comments below.

-----

We also did review of didn't need to worry and needn't have worried.   I told you my story about sending Kim Jong-Il on Jeju Island a postcard:  e.g. I needn't have sent the postcard.  We used the homework page based on Oxford Practice Grammar.

-----

As an aside, and I DO love a good aside, we talked a bit about Learner Autonomy.

------

And finally - yes, finally- we did it: we managed to use the book.  (page 136 New Cutting Edge Upper-Intermediate).

It was just the speaking section on using set structures for talking about future plans, but it was a good review and there's still a bit to learn. So- well done...



Most of you didn't get the opportunity to present your conversations but a certain A. and M. did their homework and sent me a copy.  Their work is next to the photo of the whiteboard below.  I hope they don't mind. Thanks for tolerating any perceived craziness this week.  




Interviewer (I): Good Morning!
Today I'm going to interview a young traveller.
Tell us something about youRSELF.
Traveller (T):I'm Mayu from Japan and i'm 21 years old.
I: So Mayu, what are your travell plans?
T: My friends are coming over from Japan and we'll be going to visit Edinburg.
I:When will you have finished your holiday?
T: I'll be back in ireland on THE 26th of October 2011.
I: So waht are you going to see?
T: I'll see a Castle and a few other sights.
I: I wish you and your friends a good time and thanks for the interview Mayu.
T: Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment