Saturday, September 17, 2011

Learning Objects

I believe you can learn a lot on your own.  The knowledge is not locked up in buildings with in books anymore.  It's out here on the Web.  Come and get it.

At TCD I'm building learning objects and learning about learning.  Here at CES I'm teaching.  This means I'm essentially guiding the learners I work with while they are here.  I look for the errors they don't perceive and show them what we do as native speakers and give them ways to understand why we do what we do.  I explain the values of our language, which are different to theirs.

We really value the subject-verb relationship in English.  Every sentence needs to have one.

So can you learn more about this online now by DOING something with the information.  Well yes.  Try this

http://www.wisc-online.com/Objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=WCN8207 

This is a good one but there are loads of others.  I hope to put a list together but a complete list might put a lot of teachers out of business.

Try reading this aloud for contrastive stress:
"Any teacher that can be replaced by a computer, should."

Teachers and students should have a much more complex relationship than just "information provider" - "information receiver".  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment