Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why were they protesting on #jan25 in #egypt


Last night the people of Egypt were protesting.  Why did they feel they needed to do that.

Thanks to Eufrasia. We have a have a copy of these lists to play with online.  Did they feel good or bad and why?

On these two lists we find 3 kinds of nouns:
  1. plurals with no article
  2. uncountable nouns
  3. gerunds
Why because we are describing something in a general way

~ Something that makes me feel good:
  • Financial security
  • Success in my career
  • Being happy in my choices
  • Being physically fit
  • Sleeping well
  • Plenty of variety and excitement in my life
  • Spending time with your family
  • Being in a good relationship
  • Keeping busy
  • Having time to relax
  • Good friendships
  • Going out a lot
  • Being Creative
  • Intellectual stimulation
  • Spending money
  • Feeling in control of my life and not losing control of my emotions.
~ Something that makes me feel bad:
  • Financial worries
  • Feeling under too much pressure
  • Not sleeping
  • Criticism from your colleagues, family, boss, partner, English teacher
  • Anxieties about work or college
  • Lack of confidence in what you are doing
  • Feeling stress
  • Eating badly
  • Loneliness 
  • Feeling unfit
  • Feeling unfulfilled with my work
  • Being controlled or feeling manipulated ( People try to control what I'm doing..... )
  • Boredom
How many are plurals with no article? (Generalise? Pluralise!)
How many are uncountable nouns?
How many are gerunds?

What's another way to describe each one?

1 comment:

  1. Something that makes me feel good:

    Financial security U
    Success in my career U
    Being happy in my choices G
    Being physically fit G
    Sleeping well G
    Plenty of variety and excitement in my life U (MANY, A LOT)
    Spending time with your family G
    Being in a good relationship G
    Keeping busy G
    Having time to relax G
    Good friendships C/PLURAL
    Going out a lot G
    Being Creative G
    Intellectual stimulation U
    Spending money G
    Feeling in control of my life and not losing control of my emotions. G

    ~ Something that makes me feel bad:

    Financial worries C/PLURAL
    Feeling under too much pressure G
    Not sleeping G
    Criticism from your colleagues, family, boss, partner, English teacher U
    Anxieties about work or college C/PLURAL
    Lack of confidence in what you are doing U
    Feeling stress G
    Eating badly G
    Loneliness U
    Feeling unfit G
    Feeling unfulfilled with my work G
    Being controlled or feeling manipulated ( People try to control what I'm doing..... ) G (PASSIVE GERUND)
    Boredom U

    ReplyDelete