Monday, July 11, 2011

Kill your TV? Why?



Today we discussed "telly" and giving it up.  Why would anyone do it? You proposed these hypotheses:

  • To read more
  • They think that TV is a boring way to spend their time
  • They have physical problems with their eyes
Your Homework:


QUESTION #1 : What was the purple man's reason?  (answer in the comments section below.)

QUESTION #2 : What would you have to do if you had a "no media day"?  (one conditional sentence in the comments section below, please.)

*Don't forget to email me your "for/against" essay.*
*Don't forget to answer the questions in Exercise 4 p.130 New Cutting Edge Up. Int.*




The Purple Man found himself less and less devoted to television, but still can't stop watching it completely.

I don't know if the Purple Man is real but the University of Maryland is real.   They tried the experiment with 200 students.  What happened?

Read the blog about the University of Maryland's A Day Without Media here.

4 comments:

  1. 1 - He wasted some hours of his life on television without actually finding anything to entertain, inform or educate him.
    2 - If I had “no media day”, I would go to park to read a book and have a picnic with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-He realised that, he was falling out of love with TV, he became aware of wasting time in front of television, then one night, he could not find anything and he decided to give up television.

    2-If I had a no media day, probably I would hang out with my friends whole day or I would do something different like travelling and maybe I’d protest this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUESTION #1 : What was the purple man's reason?

    He giving up television in the Day He had wasted an hour of his life on television without
    actually finding anything to entertain, inform or educate him.

    QUESTION #2 : What would you have to do if you had a "no media day"?

    For me, finding other thing to do will be easy. If I had a no media day, probably I would spend
    all my time practsing sports and dancing. I’m really additcted it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- He began to occupy his time with other things, began to use more internet and found on the Internet you can decide what you want to see and do not let the television decide, besides not find the content more interesting.

    2- In a "no media day", I would spend my time doing activities outside like playing football, going out to talk with my friends.

    ReplyDelete